What Am I Feeling? by Dr. Josh and Christi Straub Illus. by Jane Butler


Feelings can be a struggle at any age. But learning how to handle our feelings at an early age would be a great help. What Am I Feeling? by Dr. Josh and Christi Straub is a vibrantly illustrated children's book aimed at children ages four to eight to help them learn to understand their feelings--and the feelings of others around them.

Today is show-and-tell day for Sam. His tummy feels "flippy." His friends at school have some other feelings about the day. In What Am I Feeling? the children see how feelings are shown and learn how to handle their own and to help those around them. What Am I Feeling? also has a pull out Feelings chart attached to the back cover to show the faces of what different feelings would look like. Children can then figure out what their own feeling is and what those around them  may be feeling.

I wish we had had What am I Feeling? when my son was little. It is great book now to use with young children. It might be good to work into a Sunday School class too. The chart is so helpful at showing different emotions to help children see what those look like. I like how this book encourages the children to ask God to help them handle their feelings. . .That "a feeling is just a feeling--it's not in charge of you." At the same time it helps children to respond with kindness and empathy towards other children once they understand their emotions. I think it is a great book for young children to help them understand what they are feeling and to look to God to help them handle their feelings.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman