Real Life Love by Michael Gibson


One of the most important thing to me in life is good relationships. At the same time, I think good relationships can be one of the hardest things to maintain in life. If you are looking for ways to help make all kinds of relationships be the best they can be, consider reading Real Life Love by Michael Gibson.

Real Life Love is divided in to three parts: Growing in Love for Yourself, Growing in Love for God, and Growing in Love for Others. Gibson shares practical advice throughout the book that he gleaned while studying under his grandfather, relationship expert Gary Smalley. At one point, Gibson says in the book that the entire point of the book is to show you that you can have a true love that is better than what the world tells you to settle for. You are not doomed to a life in which your relationships really don't mean anything. Instead, readers glean seven principles to help their relationships be the best they can be and they also learn that real love comes from Jesus. The principles can't transform your life without the love of Christ being at the center.

I found a lot of good solid advice in Real Life Love. I have read Smalley's books in the past so some of it wasn't new to me, but it was a good reminder of what is important and to keep working on making all relationships better. I especially like how down-to-earth Gibson is. His stories are easy to read and relate to. At one point, Gibson encourages readers to take a personality test from Dr. Les Parrot. My only concern with this book, is at this point as he goes on and expects the reader to have taken the test which costs about $20 at this time--he does offer a small discount through his website. I am not sure every reader has the funds to take this test and I think he could have used other free resources for this portion of the book. Also, while many are on the internet, we have a few family members who don't do the internet very well so they would not take this test for that reason. Outside of that concern, I highly recommend Real Life Love.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own. #sponsoredbyfaithwords

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman