Dare to See by Katie Brown


I have watched Katie Brown on her how-to television shows many times over the years. It is always fun to see what she will cook or make but I don't feel like I really knew who she was. However, Brown's new book, Dare to See, gives me so much insight into her heart and soul that I truly kept reading her essays as one would read a novel.

I read Dare to See straight through the book from start to finish but Brown encourages readers to start reading in any order with a story that speaks to your heart. Brown's book is a series of random essays that are based on true stories she experienced throughout her life. She has them grouped under these topics: doubt, hurt, defeat, understanding, love, abundance and hope. Each reading starts with a Bible verse, then Brown shares her story and the reading ends with a small section "For Further Reflection" and  "Put it into Practice." On the back of Dare to See, Brown encourages you to pick a story, read the story, then reflect on it as to how it relates to your story, and she encourages you to put new habits and actions into practice after reflection.

I enjoyed reading Brown's stories in Dare to See. I see where the book could be used as a morning devotional, an evening time of reflection or just read whenever you feel like it for a pick-me-up. Her stories did give me pause for reflection. One of my favorite stories was "George" because she especially touched my heart with that one, but I enjoyed them all. By the end of the book, I felt like Brown and I had been meeting at the local coffee shop and I came away the better for it. I dare you to pick up Dare to See and read these touching essays for yourself.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a review. All opinions are my own. #sponsoredbyfaithwords

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman