Refine and Restore by Rachel C. Swanson


Have you felt like you are too big of a mess for God? Like you have no purpose? Refine and Restore by Rachel C. Swanson is a book you need to read. Swanson opens up and share her life in such a real way that you will be amazed at her honesty and even more amazed at how God shows up in her life. He can do the same for me and you.

In Refine and Restore, this book is divided in to four parts: Revive, Refine, Restore and Release. Throughout this book, Swanson opens up about how she became a Christian and her struggles before she became a Christian as she was searching for something and often turned to the wrong things. She shares how she struggled to live the Christian life early as a Believer and as time went on after having her babies and she struggled with depression and other issues. Then she goes on to share how she started looking to God to help her every day and how she learned what her purpose and calling in life was. Throughout the book, Swanson share her heart through personal stories but she also leans on Scripture to back up what she shares. At the end of each chapter is a beautiful prayer that you can "borrow" when your "words are few."

Refine and Restore was so much deeper than I expected. I admire Swanson for sharing her heartfelt stories and helping readers see how they can also turn their less-than-perfect life into a life that God uses. I admire her for continuing to circle back around to God even when she got off the path a few times. I especially liked the chapter she wrote on gossip and friendships. I have had similar struggles and felt God telling me the same thing. In that area, this book was confirmation for me that I made good choices. In other areas, it was a good reminder that I need to look at my own heart, make some needed changes, and then turn to God in prayer too. The whole book was an interesting read that I struggled to put down. I highly recommend it to any Christian woman.


I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own. #sponsoredbyfaithwords

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman