Take the Day Off by Robert Morris





It seems like whenever I ask some one how they are these days that they tell me they are "busy." I have been guilty of doing the same thing but in Take the Day Off by Robert Morris, Morris reminds us that God wants us to take time to rest too.

We may wonder, who has time to rest? Morris says he knows it is a difficult in our modern world but God gives us a command to rest for our own benefit--as well as those around us. Morris tell us in one chapter entitled The Four Tanks that we are at our best when we rest and fill our four tanks--our spiritual tank, our physical tank, your emotional tank, and you mental tank. Through Take the Day Off, Morris offers a lot of solid advice from his own experience, the experience of others and from the Bible about how we can best take time to rest and give ourselves a Sabbath day every week. However, he not only talks about the importance of resting one day a week, but he talks about how important it is to take a vacation and/or a sabbatical later in the book.

I truly appreciate how Morris writes in such a way that I can read and understand his books so easily without feeling like he is talking down to me. I also liked that Max Lucado wrote the forward to this book as he is another favorite author/preacher. Take the Day Off was convicting, but I didn't feel like I was in it alone. Morris always comes across as a preacher who understands and can relate to those he ministers to and writes to. I also liked how well he explained the Bible passages both in their context and how to interpret them for today's world. For me, this book is one to keep in my library and refer to. I would encourage you to read Take the Day Off too if you are in need of rest to rejuvenate your health and well-being.

I received this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own. #sponsoredbyfaithwords

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman