The Romano Family Collection by Brandy Bruce


I opened up The Romano Family Collection by Brandy Bruce and was immediately drawn in to this book, which is a collection of three novellas: Table for Two, Second Chance Cafe, and Recipe for Love along with a bonus shorter story.

I am a foodie so I was excited to get The Romano Family Collection. I did enjoy all of the meal and food references and there is even a recipe at the end of the book. I also enjoyed this family of characters. As I was reading, I felt like I was living among a real family. There were problems and choices to be made just like real life. At times, I did get a little frustrated with a couple of the characters with how they acted, but I still really liked them. I think that reflected real life too as we don't always like how the people we care about let past hurts hold them back when they need to trust God. Speaking of God, this book was definitely a Christian romance book. The characters seemed to reflect a real faith in God. While I expected to enjoy the foodie aspect of this book, I was surprised at the romance aspect since I don't read a lot of books with romance as the main feature and this was my first time with this author. However, I hope to read more books by Brandy Bruce as I liked her writing style and how easily the faith of the characters was reflected within the writing. She also touched my heart and emotions in several places, which takes writing skill, I think. I highly recommend The Romano Collection to all Christian novel readers especially if you are a foodie like I am.

I received a copy of the book from the author/publisher via JustRead Publicity Tours and was under no obligation to post a positive review. All comments and opinions are solely my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman