Collateral Damage by Lynette Eason


Adventure, danger and a dash of romance make for one exciting new novel by Lynette Eason. Collateral Damage kept me guessing and turning pages quickly throughout this story.

Collateral Damage starts out with a bang literally as several characters are either hit by a bomb or were there when the bombing took place. Eason reveals more about the bombing and a corrupt system through the plot in layers like an onion. . .I got just enough to keep me turning pages before she revealed a little more information which kept me quickly turning more pages. I am sure I audibly gasped at one point because something happened that I just didn't see coming--although in retrospect there had been a little foreshadowing. Much of the book kept me guessing until the end. The characters were all interesting. I truly liked the main couple, Brooke and Asher. Watching their romance blossom left me smiling and I giggled a few times at the humor Eason included in the couple's banter. The unsavory characters I just plain didn't like right up until the end with good reason. There are quite a few characters in this book, but for the most part I kept up with them, although there were a couple times I had to look back to be reminded how they came in to the picture. Otherwise, I found Collateral Damage to be compelling and suspenseful. There are some violent acts within the plot by the bad guys who do some evil things, but the book has a Christian message and the language is clean. At the end of Collateral Damage, I read the sneak peek of the second book in the Danger Never Sleep series and truly wish I could keep going in the series as it leaves me wanting more.

Collateral Damage releases on January 7 but is available now for Pre-order through all major retailers.

I received this book courtesy of Baker Publishing Group, Revell Division, through Interviews & Reviews. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman