Deadly Deceit by Natalie Walters


Journalist Vivian DeMarco is back in Walton, Georgia. She is there to do a job and then move on to bigger and better places. Until her boss dies suddenly and it looks pretty suspicious. Deputy Ryan Frost gets involved as he seeks to find out what happened. Is Vivian just looking for the next big story--or is she seeking more than the answers in her small town life and relationship with Ryan?

I so loved Vivian and Ryan in Deadly Deceit. I enjoyed their lighthearted banter and their relationship all the way through the book as they worked together to find someone called the Watcher. I wanted to pace myself with this book because I knew I would want book 3 in the Harbored Secrets series. However, both the romantic relationship and the plot kept me turning pages. I didn't have it all figured out and it kept me guessing until close to the end. I enjoyed all of the characters and getting to see Lane and Charlie again. I also liked the small town vibes in Deadly Deceit and how people came together to encourage each other and to form friendships--something we need more of in real life. I also liked that theme of forgiveness and learning to love each other in spite of some flaws. There was one small thing that didn't work for me in Deadly Deceit--I couldn't understand why Ryan's Mom kept her romantic relationship a secret without telling her son until he came back from FBI training. There is a reason given but I still thought she should have told him. Again, that was a minor thing and I truly enjoyed Deadly Deceit as a whole. Now I am once again anxiously awaiting the next book in the series, Silent Shadows. We get a brief glimpse at that book at the end of Deadly Deceit.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher and author. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman