Christianity for People Who Aren't Christians by James Emery White

Are you wondering if there is a God? And if there is, why is there so much suffering in the world? Is there only one way to God? James Emery White has asked those questions in the past too and he shares his story and his answers in Christianity for People Who Aren't Christians.

Christianity for People Who Aren't Christians starts off with White explaining how he was a skeptic and an unbeliever for many years. Currently, White is the Senior Pastor of megachurch Mecklenburg Community Church in Charlotte, North Carolina so something changed along the way. White then answers a lot of skeptics' questions throughout the book. He backs up everything with research and there are extensive notes in the back of the book.

I thought Christianity for People Who Aren't Christians was an interesting book. I liked how White approached all of the topics. In the book, he writes to the heart of those he hopes to reach in such a way that difficult topics are broken down and easy to read. I like that he addresses a broad range of topics that skeptics may struggle with. I like that he backs up his information with references. At the same time, I am a Christian and I don't have some of these struggles so I am not sure how the skeptic views the book. I would keep the book for family members who have struggles and I could see where it may be helpful to offer this book as a reference for those who are interested. I also think  Christianity for People Who Aren't Christians is a book that I may have picked up and read when I was in college and struggling with what to believe. Indeed, it may be one that those who are searching would seek out, but that is speculation on my part.

I received this book from Baker Books through the Baker Publishing Group Blogger program. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman