Which Shape Should I Be? by Pamela Kennedy and Illustrated by Holli Conger


Which Shape Should I Be? by Pamela Kennedy is a cute board book for young children teaching all kinds of shapes.

There are nine shapes for children to learn in Which Shape Should I Be? Whether it is the basic square or circle or stars or hearts, this book helps young children identify them. The books makes sort of an interactive game out of it on each page which I think makes it rather fun. At the end of the book, children see that God not only made shapes but made them each a certain shape and all are special based on Psalm 139:14. The pictures show children in all shapes, and colors, and some with disabilities. This sturdy board book measures about 6 inches square and has thick cardboard pages for little hands to turn on their own.

Which Shape Should I Be? is a book that I think is great for young children--up to about four years of age. I like that it teaches children about shapes. I also like that it teaches children that God makes us all differently and we aren't meant to all look the same. I think in that way it helps with healthy self-esteem and a positive view of God. I also like the quality of this book. There really wasn't anything I didn't like. Which Shape Should I Be? is a good book for little children to start with.

 

I received this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman