A Dazzle of Diamonds by Liz Johnson

 

I have enjoyed the Georgia Coast Romance series from Liz Johnson. To be honest, I don't read a lot of romance novels but these books have it all--romance, mystery and some history. I couldn't wait for A Dazzle of Diamonds, the 3rd book in the series. It did not disappoint either.

Penelope Hunter is working as an event manager at one of Savannah's historic venues when her ex-fiancé walks in with his new bride-to-be and she is expected to help plan their wedding. Her best friend Tucker Westbrook is running for Sheriff and needs help with his campaign after his rival tries to smear his name. Together Tucker and Penelope join forces to find the truth to the rumors that Tucker's ancestors were traitors--and they scheme to help Penelope as well. 

I think Johnson's books just kept getting better and better in this series. No, you don't have to read the whole series but I encourage you to even though A Dazzle of Diamonds could stand on its own. I smiled, laughed and I cried with the characters in A Dazzle of Diamonds. I so liked Tucker and Penelope and was pulling for them from the start. I also liked Tucker's Aunt Shirley. Even the less likeable characters became a little more likeable as the book went on. I thought the conflicts seemed realistic and I liked that some of the characters made some changes that seemed fairly realistic. Aunt Shirley offered great advice. I also liked that both Tucker and Penelope were looking to God for help in the midst of their flaws. Johnson's writing was spot on throughout the whole book with both the characterization and the plot. I could easily visualize all of the characters and would love to see this book as a movie--as long as they stay true to the book. I also love all of the covers to this series but this one is my favorite.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman