Acceptable Risk by Lynette Eason


Acceptable Risk by Lynette Eason is the second book in the Danger Never Sleeps series--and just as fast-paced and riveting as the first one.

Journalist Sarah Denning is held hostage by the Taliban and then sent home after being shot in the rescue operation to recover. At the same time, she finds out her brother has committed suicide and it doesn't sit well with her. Former Army Ranger Gavin Black is set to help keep her safe and home and work with her to find the truth.

Acceptable Risk kept my interest from the start to the finish. The mystery in the book was interesting and the relationships were intriguing. I sometimes didn't like Sarah's rebellious attitude but I could understand it in the context of her life. I thought Gavin was a swoon-worthy caretaker for her. I appreciated the difficult conversations the couple had in this book. Even though it wasn't easy for Sarah, she made an effort to talk about her hard things with him. In return, he respected her enough to make an effort to understand her. The General was sort of a jerk but in the end, but I truly felt for him and could understand why he was the way he was. Acceptable Risk was mainly a clean read full of suspense, adventure, and a mystery to solve--all elements of a good read for me. There were snippets of faith elements but nothing preachy at all. I thought this cover was also well done--Sarah's personality from the story seems to come through in her face.

I received this book courtesy of Baker Publishing Group, Revell Division, through Interviews and Reviews. All opinions in this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman