Line by Line by Jennifer Delemere


It sounds like telegraph notices were some of the best communication of the time when it was used. I didn't know much about being a telegrapher, but I thoroughly enjoyed learning about it and reading Jennifer Delamere's new release, Line by Line.

Alice McNeil is a topnotch telegrapher who works at a well-regarded company. Douglas Shaw also works at the company as an ambitious junior director. It doesn't take long for the two of them to become friends although it appears that they have vastly different goals for their lives. Then something happens to shake them both up to see what really matters.

I truly enjoyed this first book in the Love Along the Wires series. Line by Line was interesting in that I truly enjoyed reading about the way business was conducted at that time as well as how the people of that era utilized the technology of the day. I found all of the backstory to be quite interesting in the way Delamere wrote the book. I also enjoyed watching the relationship between Douglas and Alice unfold. At the same time, I found it interesting that a book on love and romance would create so many interesting situations. I smiled and giggled a little at some of the barbs and situations within this book. I also liked how Douglas grew spiritually. I wish we could have seen a little more of that in Alice but the little we know leads me to believe that it was also important to her. I found Alice's friend Lucy a little irritating at times. However, I enjoyed her interactions with her friends and family throughout the book. All in all, Line by Line was an enjoyable read for me.


I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman