La La Lovely by Trina McNeilly

La La Lovely: The Art of Finding Beauty in the Everyday by Trina McNeilly is a beautiful book filled with a series of essays full of stories and inspiration from McNeilly. There is beauty in both the design of this book and in the prose.

La La Lovely is divided into three parts. Each section contains essays that encourage readers to find beauty among the broken parts of their lives. McNeilly shares hard places she went through and how she came to find beauty through the hard things with her faith in God. She also shares practical advice on decorating your home, finding your own style and creating your own kind of beauty where ever you are.

I was not familiar with McNeilly's blog, La La Lovely before reading this book. I don't know if some of the material is also on the blog. I do know that I enjoyed this book so much more than I ever expected. La La Lovely isn't all fluff and pretty stuff as I thought it might be, although there is some of that. Instead, I appreciated McNeilly's heartfelt writing as she shared stories from her life. I could relate to so much of what she shared. More than that, I felt encouraged through her writing and a connection with her words that left me wanting to live my life better. I especially appreciated the chapter where she shares about her grandmother. My grandmother passed away last year and I could understand much of what she shared on a heart level even though our stories are different. I also enjoyed the lighter parts of the book where she shares decorating tips and design ideas. There are also some places in La La Lovely t the end of her essays where she invites readers to answer questions and even some journaling spaces to write directly in the book. I would encourage any woman to get a copy of La La Lovely for their own reflection.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman