Exceptional You! by Victoria Osteen



It has been a long winter in many parts of the country. Where I live is no exception. At the same time, we have had some extra challenges in our family that have been discouraging at times. With everything combined, I was ready for something positive and encouraging to read. Exceptional You! by Victoria Osteen has been balm to my tired soul and it could be a blessing for you too.

Exceptional You! has a subtitle of "7 Ways to Live Encouraged, Empowered, and Intentional." As you would expect this book is divided into an introduction with seven sections: Know That you are Chosen, Lift Up Your Eyes, Keep your Memory Box Full, Travel Light, Love Well, live in the Now and Power Up. Each section has two chapters detailing how to live in that special way. Each chapter also has a summary at the end with the main points of that chapter to easily refer back to, which I especially like.

I found Exceptional You! to be full of practical and encouraging stories and advice on how to live a full life for Christ in our modern world. I can't say that these are all new ideas, but they are all good refreshers that we often forget and need to read now and again. I know they were good for me to read at this time when I was starting to get down from a lot of bad weather and some life challenges. I appreciated how Victoria shared some of the hard things she has gone through and how God has used those things to cause her to look to Him or to live differently. She also shares some uplifting stories. I especially liked her story about the silver box in chapter 5. She continually points readers to passages and verses in Scripture and reminds them that God is watching over them. I marked several passages to go back to and re-read when I think I need them. For me, Exceptional You! is a good book to keep in my library for those times I need to remember.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. #sponsoredbyfaithwords

Comments

  1. Dear Reviewer,
    I’ve got a new e-book coming out that I think love called “Intermittent Fasting: Aggressive Fat Loss, Heal Your Body And Enjoy Your Life”.
    “I know we live in the era of having 3-6 meals a day because we think this will increase our metabolism and enable us to lose weight, when in fact, that is not the case. Intermittent fasting entails scheduling your meals such that you eat during a certain period only or greatly lowering your calorie intake on certain days to push your body to burn fat for energy.”
    If you’d be interested, I’d love to send you a free copy of the book in return for an honest review. If so, let me know.
    Respectfully,
    Nedelcu Petru
    Wagnersschmittt2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman