Not Forsaken by Louie Giglio (audio book)

Not Forsaken: Finding Freedom as Sons & Daughters of a Perfect Father  -     By: Louie Giglio
Maybe you had a wonderful father. Perhaps your dad was cold and distant and not really engaged with you. Or maybe you didn't know your father at all. Irregardless of the type of father you had, Louie Giglio shares in his new book, Not Forsaken, that God is not a reflection of your earthly dad.

Not Forsaken is the first audio book that I have listened to on my device. I truly enjoyed listening to this book. The narrator did a good job of reading and keeping my interest in the content. I felt myself want to keep going in the book and to know more about how to re-frame my view of God and to take this information to better live out the Christian life. 

Not Forsaken was an interesting book to me. Without going in to details, I had a dad that has left me with an empty hole in my heart. I like how Giglio invites us to see God differently though this book. I especially liked how it started out with the Watch Me chapter. . .Boy did it bring back memories of being younger and wanting my father's approval. Then Giglio invited the reader to see how there is a big difference between God and my father--or anyone else's father. Instead of feeling like God is a giant image of my less-than-perfect dad, he invites me to see that God is our perfect father. This book is good whether your dad was your greatest hero or one that never showed up because Giglio invites us to look to God first and foremost. I plan to listen to Not Forsaken again and help this information really sink in to my head as I think it is so important to living a better life and living with God reframed helps me see Him with new eyes. I see there is a Bible study to go along with Not Forsaken coming out this summer that would also be helpful.

I received an audiobook from the publisher at no charge. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman