Planted with a Purpose by T. D. Jakes

Planted with a Purpose by T. D. Jakes is a small book with a big message. I think it is so hard to keep strong in our faith during the difficult times of life, but Jakes reminds us that those are precisely the times that we most need to keep looking to God.

Planted with a Purpose is about 4 1/2 inches by 6 1/2 inches--which is a great size to slide in to your purse, book bag or brief case. This book may also be the dose of encouragement that a friend or family member needs during hard time so it would be a nice little gift book. The main message is that when we go through times of waiting or crushing and things are really difficult, God is still with us and He is using those times to grow us and make us more like Him. Jakes further says that God will use those times and bring us bigger blessings at the end of them.

Planted with Purpose is the first book that I have read by Jakes. I liked his references to how God grows us like growing vines and trees because I am a gardener and a grower. It was easy to see his analogies in my mind and I could see how God uses our challenges to grow us and bless us. The book is a mix of Scripture references and stories that Jakes shares from his life. I would recommend anyone read it when they are going through challenges--and that may be many of right now with the state of our country.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own. #sponsoredbyfaithwords

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe