Book Review: Angel Song by Sheila Walsh and Kathryn Cushman

Angel Song by Sheila Walsh and Kathryn Cushman quickly drew me in. I finished the book within a couple of day and thoroughly enjoyed the characters. Ann Fletcher flies home to see her younger sister, Sarah, graduate with a master's degree in their hometown of Charleston. Unfortunately, Sarah is in a car accident before she graduates. Ann rides in the back of the accident with her--and hums a song Ann hasn't heard before. . .and much to her chagrin, Ann continues to hear this song in various places throughout the book, including her dreams. She also makes new friends in Sarah's neighbors. One of those friends is a young Down Syndrome boy named Keith. Keith claims to see and hear angels--and he claims they are watching over Ann too. Ann doesn't know what to think. I don't want to spoil the book but I thoroughly enjoyed this book and Ann's Angels and her friends. I thought this book offered a good read. The ending was a little predictible but I felt good about getting to the end. The path to God for Ann seemed real and not forced. And the angels included in the story seemed believable. I often pray with my son that angels will provide a hedge of protection around our house as we sleep or I remind him of Psalm 91 where God says he will give his angels charge over us to guard us in all our ways. . .I loved seeing that verse in action in this story.

The book includes discussion questions after the ending and it would be a good read for a book club.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman