Book Review: Cherished by Kim Cash Tate


I am new to Kindle reading as I just received my new Amazon Kindle less then a week ago. Kim Cash Tate's Women of Faith book called Cherished is the first book I've read through my Kindle. First I have to say that I think enjoyed the story as much as an e-book as I would have in print.

As soon as I started reading this story, I was hooked and had a hard time putting it down. Kelli London is a single woman who just graduated from a Texas college and is looking for a job. She is back to her hometown of Saint Louis with her family when her brother gets married. Kelli originally dreamed of being a songwriter but that dream died years ago when things didn't work out with her boyfriend, Brian, and she made choices that she has regretted ever since. Heather Anderson has also made some choices in her life that she regrets--an affair with a married man and a one-night stand with a Christian rock band drummer named Ace. Through Kelli's sister-in-law, the two women get together and form a friendship. Together, they discover how much God can work in their lives regardless of their past choices--and even make some dreams come true.

This is the first book by this author that I've read, although she has written others. I liked how the author depicted the importance of discipling new believers and spiritual accountability. Throughout the storyline, the characters connected with God and each other as they faced their life struggles. I also liked the reading group questions at the end. I found them helpful to think through some of the things I was reflecting on in my own life as I read Cherished. I think this book could be especially useful for someone who is struggling with their own past issues and forgiveness.


I was given an e-book by Thomas Nelson at no cost to read for the purpose of review of this book. I was not required to give a positive review.



I review for BookSneeze®

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman