Book Review: Stained Glass Hearts by Patsy Clairmont

Patsy Clairmont is one of my favorite Christian speakers so I was excited to review her latest book.  I first heard her on Focus on the Family long before she was a Woman of Faith. Always, I have appreciated her humor and her candor in sharing her struggles. If I had opportunity to sit down and do tea with Patsy, I would do it in a heartbeat. She seems like a kindred spirit and I relate well to many of her struggles and fears. Since I can't do that, I have to say reading Stained Glass Hearts left me with the intimate feeling that we had just had a few heart to heart talks.

"Much like stained glass, life's broken pieces become the prism through which God's grace shines most brightly and beautifully. " Stained Glass Hearts offers Patsy's view of life using art as a theme. Patsy relates people to stained glass windows and shares "that it's when we're surrounded by darkness that His healing light shines most brightly within us."  This beautiful book has chapters that offer stories from Patsy's life as well as stories from the Bible. Chapters cover topics such as prayer, poetry, reading, life's puzzling situations, nature and more. The unique thing to this book is that each chapter ends with related art forms Patsy recommends that readers reference including paintings, poems, songs, Bible verses and prayers. Patsy's hope is that readers will gain a new perspective on their life's situations through these art forms.

I did find it helpful to look up some of the paintings, songs and poems that she referenced in Stained Glass Hearts. I was encouraged through them and it was worth the time and effort for me. I encourage you to get this book and grow, not only in your faith in God, but also in your appreciation for art as well.




I review for BookSneeze®

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe