Simplifying my Life

Over the past couple of years, I have felt God impressing on me that I needed to eliminate the excess and simplify my life. . .And I have been working at it. . .I have cleaned out books I don't need. Some were donated to library sales, others were swapped and a few went on garage sales.

I have rid myself of excess nick nacks. . downsized a teapot collection. . .and extra kitchenware. . .Again I sold some stuff on Craig's List and on garage sales. We have been doing the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University Plan so I am not replacing junk by going shopping. I am putting extra money on paying off bills or buying things we truly need.

Still it seems like the stuff we do have just keeps multiplying. . .Over the summer, while spending most of my time with my 9-year old son, my desk papers multiplied and I now have a large stack to sort through. E-mails piled up into a virtual stack of mail a mile high so need to clean those out. So before next summer, I am going to come up with a plan to stay on top of the office and household "stuff."  If anyone has suggestions on how they stay on top of the stuff, I would welcome them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Country by Kristin Neva

Kissing Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn

Street Smarts From Proverbs by Mitch Kruse with D. J. Williams