Tea Time Thursday

One of my favorite loose teas is the basic British cuppa brand, P G Tips. I can get this tea locally at a couple of stores or I can order on-line. It is my morning wake-up tea, brewed up and then tempered with a nice splash of milk.

When we were in Arizona for a week in March, I had a hard time finding a good cup of tea at our hotel. They had a great selection of breakfast treats that we could get in a little eating area near the lobby. . .but hot water out of a pump thermos is not hot enough to brew a sturdy cup of black tea. I tried the microwave but I've never been a fan of microwaved tea water either. . .maybe it is just me, but it just doesn't taste the same and there is often a little white foam on top. So I decided one of my souvenirs from Arizona would be an electric kettle. Thankfully I found a pretty nice one at Target, nearby my hotel. I had one at home but it never hurts to have a back-up :). That one comfort from home just made the rest of my week. I loved the trip anyway but knowing I could have my morning cuppa brewed just right, made my trip that much better for me.

If you are a teadrinker like I am, how do you do tea on vacation?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Country by Kristin Neva

Kissing Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn

The HCSB Illustrator's Notetaking Bible for Teens from HolmanBiblePublishers