Book Review: The People Factor by Van Moody



The right relationships in your life will make the difference between happiness and misery, according to Van Moody, author of The People Factor. Van Moody writes a comprehensive book on relationships that I found to be a treasure chest full of relationship wisdom.

Van Moody is a pastor in Birmingham, Alabama. He shares what he has learned through his life, his work as a pastor, and from Biblical relationships to help the reader gain a higher relationship IQ. The book is divided into 3 parts: The critical laws of relationships, How to make difficult choices in letting people go or changing relationships, and the essentials of great relationships. At the end of each chapter, he also includes relationship reminders summarizing the highlights of each chapter and several questions to answer to assess your relationships in your life.

I would highly recommend this book to everyone I meet. I can see it will be one that I re-read and continue to learn and grow from. I have had a few "Aha" moments just reading through the first time. I especially appreciated how Van Moody related Bible relationships in new ways than I have ever considered in the past. such as Abraham's relationship with Lot and David's relationship with Uriah. I honestly had a hard time putting this book down. I found both the writing style and the subjects throughout the book to be fascinating. I can see how the principles in this book, if I take note and apply them, could truly improve my relationships, and ultimately my life, for the better.

I received this book at no charge from Thomas Nelson. I was not required to write a positive review.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman