Craving Connection from the Incourage community




(In)courage from Dayspring is one of my favorite groups of on-line writers. I have been following them for years. . .and starting my day with their readings. When Craving Connection came out from the (in)courage writers, I was anxious to get a copy.

Craving Connection invites readers to commit to creatively and prayerfully connect with God, friends and community. This beautiful book (I love the cover!) contains 30 challenges for real-life engagement. Each of the challenges starts with a thought to consider, a Bible verse and a way to engage the theme, such as sending a quick note to a friend to let her know she is important to you. Each day also contains a reading for the day, questions to think about, a connection challenge and a prayer. Each reading is like having coffee with a friend. They are all down-to-earth and easy to relate to. I liked the questions and found those to be great to use with my journal to help me think things out. This book would also be quite good to do with a group of Bible study ladies to work together to keep each other accountable and to share your thoughts and questions with.

Craving Connection is a book that makes you think, makes you want to do more to be a good friend and helps you grow in a community, if you take the time to read and do the challenges in the book. I am new to my community and working to build friendships so I especially liked the timing of this book for me. I highly recommend it to any woman wanting to make better real-life connections.

For anyone who shares my love of Bible Art Journaling, I would add that Illustrated Faith from Dayspring also makes a Bible art journaling set to go along with Craving Connection. It is available from bookstores and on-line.

I received Craving Connection from B&H Publishing Group. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Country by Kristin Neva

Kissing Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn

Street Smarts From Proverbs by Mitch Kruse with D. J. Williams