Leaving You For Me by Alex Nicollet Delon


Leaving You For Me by Alex Nicollet Delon is one woman's story of leaving her husband after over four decades of marriage and making a new life for herself. Delon married her high school sweetheart and they had three sons while also being business partners and building a successful business. Unfortunately, there were also difficult things going on that she kept a secret. . .until she got the courage to walk away from it all at age 65.

Leaving You For Me is one woman's story of her healing journey from a narcissistic husband into becoming her own person. She shares it all  from the challenges of dating again to learning to just be herself again. I was once in a relationship with a similar type person, got out, got counseling and became a new person too. Her story is different than mine, but I think we can always learn something from someone else telling us their story. There are parts of this book that could encourage someone else in a similar difficult position. The one thing I didn't like about this book was the bad language. There is a quite a bit of cussing and that did turn me off. I know that may also hold my Christian readers from reading this memoir. However, I did really like the cover. It drew me in to wanting to read the book to begin with.

I received a copy of Leaving You For Me from the author/publishing firm. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman