Sacred Holidays by Becky Kiser

Sacred Holidays was a book that was different than I was expecting. . .in such a good way! This book by Becky Kiser is one I wish I had had when we were first married and starting out celebrating holidays. However, it is never too late to make changes and we will likely make some as a result of this book.

Sacred Holidays is divided into three parts. Part 1:Less Chaos, More Jesus (read now) offers guidance on how to use the book and how to implement changes in your family's celebrations. Part 2: Holidays (Read 30 to 60 days before holiday) offers ideas and things to think about as you reflect on each particular holiday and how you want to celebrate it in your family. Part 3: Common struggles (read as needed) talks about aspects related to making changes to your holiday celebrations that you may want to consider and think about, such as your budgeting, scheduling, and realistic expectations.

Kiser starts out Sacred Holidays by letting readers know it is different than other books that they've read in the introduction. I so appreciated her down-to-earth and quite "real" approach in her writing as I read this book. Kiser feels like the neighbor next door and like someone the reader is having a conversation with. She offers a lot of good ideas and things to think and pray about. I also like that this book isn't just meant to be read and put on the shelf. Rather, it is meant to be used and used again, as a sort of work in progress, like we all are.

If Sacred Holidays goes into another printing, there is only one thing that would make it better from my point of view and that would be to make the physical book in workbook size. The print is pretty small on some of the workbook pages for my eyes to see on this 5.5 by 8.5 inch book. Otherwise, I highly recommend this book and I wouldn't change another thing. This could be such a helpful book for many families. It would make a great wedding shower gift for young couples too

I received Sacred Holidays from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman