The Minimalist Home by Joshua Becker


For the past several years, I have been following Joshua Becker's blog. I have also read all of his books through this one. His new book, The Minimalist Home is full of great information for anyone wanting to declutter and re-focus their life.

When I read Becker's first books, we were getting ready to move and I knew I needed to get rid of stuff. His encouraging books and blogs helped us pare down and make that move. What we didn't know then was that we would make 3 more moves in a short time span. Each time, we pared down a little more. We have now been in this house for three years.  . .and we were starting to pick up some clutter again after family members passed away. We knew we needed to once again declutter, which is why I wanted to read The Minimalist Home. Becker is so encouraging and clear in his method of walking you through decluttering your house that I think he makes the process enjoyable. Besides his how-to information, at the end of each chapter, Becker has a checklist to work through. Besides his own minimizing story, each chapter also includes a lot of testimonials from other people who have decluttered. I find it especially encouraging to read stories of others who have done this successfully and how much more joy their life has since doing it.

I enjoyed The Minimalist Home so much. Becker is conversational in his writing in that I can almost feel him coaching me on. I find the methods easy to follow. I worked through much of the book and just have my office and the basement to finish decluttering after Christmas. I would encourage anyone who wants to live a simpler life with less stuff to give The Minimalist Home a try. It may seem overwhelming but when decluttering is broken down into the chunks that Becker suggests, it is so much more doable. I highly recommend it, not just to eliminate the excess stuff. . .but to head towards the life that you were created to live with time to do more activities that you want to do.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman