Dead Sea Rising by Jerry Jenkins


I you are looking for a book with adventure and intrigue, Dead Sea Rising starts out running and never stops. . .and the thing is, I didn't want it to. I wish book two was already out.

Nicole Berman's mother, Virginia, is in the hospital and ready for surgery. Her dad is overseas and scrambling to find a flight home to be with his wife through the operation for a broken hip. Or maybe it isn't just a broken hip? Soon the whole family is the subject of a criminal investigation.

At the same time, we read another story of intrigue set thousands of years before in the Middle Easter during the early Biblical times. Terah and Belessunu have been married for many years. Many barren years. However, soon they will have a baby to bless them. Belessunu prays to the one true God and Terah prays the the idols that he makes for the king, Nimrod. Tension is all around as the baby is born and trouble begins.

Jerry Jenkins weaves the two stories in and out throughout the book. I found them both to be fascinating the plot to be intriguing. I haven't read a Jerry Jenkins book since I read the Left Behind series. I especially enjoyed that series so I expected this one to be good--and I was not disappointed. Dead Sea Rising is a fast-paced novel that left me a bit breathless as I turned the pages faster and faster. I enjoyed the intrigue and the story lines. The characters were all fascinating and I could feel like I was right there with them--in each time period that they were set. It was easy to keep everything and everyone straight in my head. I also like that this book is clean read--no bad language. I just have one complaint--the next book in the series isn't out yet for me to read! Like others who start this series, I will anxiously be awaiting book two, Dead Sea Conundrum. Dead Sea Rising leaves a lot of cliff hangers and I am ready to find out some more answers.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman