Storm Rising by Ronie Kendig


The Books of Wars has been found. It is said to hold secrets to both the past and the future--which is why powers all over the world want it. Former Navy Seal Leif Metcalfe is leading a team to find the book for the United States. Iskra "Viorica" Todorova also wants the book--but she wants to secure her freedom from an evil power that holds her captive. Then there are the other evil powers who also want the book for their own use. With all of them searching and facing other evils in the world it makes for one exciting, action-packed book. Storm Rising by Ronie Kendig is the first book of the Book of the Wars series.

Wow! I was on the edge of my seat throughout reading this fascinating book. It has suspense, mystery, romance--everything you could want in one book. Storm Rising is full of strong characters. Some I started out not liking but by the end of the book, once I knew the whole story, I could truly feel for them. I have not read Kendig's series The Tox Files but I understand this book also has some characters that were in that series. I liked the tight story that kept me turning pages, anxious to know what happened next. I find the item they are searching for, The Book of the Wars to be interesting and can't wait to learn more. The most difficult thing about Storm Rising is that I have to wait until April 2020 for book 2, Kings Falling! Oh, and the covers for this series are great! In the meantime, I am going back to read The Tox Files since I want to know all I can about this characters.

I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher. All opinions in this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe