Always Look Twice by Elizabeth Goddard


If there was an award for any books that you cannot put down, this book would be in the running. Always Look Twice by Elizabeth Goddard hooked me from the beginning and kept me quickly turning pages until the end.

Harper Reynolds traded her job as a crime scene photographer to live a more peaceful life photographing nature and wildlife. Then one day she accidentally captures a murder on film while out in nature. She runs away from the scene and loses her camera. Former Green Beret Heath McKade finds her and ends up protecting her. But what is she being protected from?

I had been looking forward to this second book in the Uncommon Justice series for quite some time. Always Look Twice was worth the wait for me. The plot kept moving at a breathtaking pace and I truly didn't want to put it down. This plot also had a lot of twists and turns and I didn't see part of the ending coming. As the author let us in on a few of the secrets as the book went along, I did guess part of the ending. Still it was so fun to find everything out. I liked all of the main characters but I definitely enjoyed the romantic spark between Harper Reynolds and Heath McKade. Goddard's writing was so smooth that I felt like I could easily visualize this story in my mind almost like I was watching an action film. I enjoyed the whole book and my only complaint is that I have to wait for book three in the series. However, Goddard whets our appetite for it with a quick preview at the end of this book.

I received this book from Revell through Interview and Reviews. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman