Collision of Lies by Tom Threadgill


Collision of Lies is my first book by Tom Threadgill, but I already am anticipating my next one from this author.

Collision of Lies hooked me from the first page. I liked how Threadgill layered in both the mystery and the characters. I found it easy to follow who the characters were and how they fit in to the story even though there are quite a few characters in this book by the time the reader turns the last page. I was disappointed that there wasn't more of a spiritual element to this book. Yet, it is a clean read with some fascinating elements. I just didn't feel like any of the characters were Christian Believers. I found the plot to move along for the most part fairly quickly, although I felt there were a couple of spots that were slower. Still it was not a deterrent to me wanting to find out what was going on in Collision of Lies and I kept turning pages to solve the mystery. I thought Threadgill wove a story with a mystery that kept me guessing. I had no idea what was going on with the criminals until I reached the end. It all seemed believable within the story too. I especially liked how he added humor in to the character's conversations. I chuckled out loud a few times in this book. I did think the cover was nice but after reading the story, it didn't seem to quite fit  with the storyline's place in my mind. Also, I wish I had known a bit more about a few characters that weren't written about much in the ending. Maybe their stories will be followed up in the next book as there is a preview at the end of Collision of Lies that gives me that hope. I definitely am looking forward to the second book in the series after reading the preview.

I received this book courtesy of Baker Publishing Group, Revell Division, through Interviews & Reviews. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman