In Want and In Plenty by Meredith McDaniel


In Want and Plenty by Meredith McDaniel is a beautiful book--both in content and in design.

Drawing from the book of Exodus and other Scriptures, McDaniel shares her heart and Scripture woven together to speak to Christians today. Each reading shares some encouraging words and Scripture for the reader to think about.  There are some questions also throughout the reading along with a set of questions at the end of the reading. In Want and In Plenty is designed to use alongside your journal in order to get the most out of it--in fact part of it is intended to be guided journaling. The questions at the end of the chapter are ones that truly provoke you to think about how things are in your own life. At the very end, McDaniel includes a song to listen to that goes along with the chapter.

I like how In Want and In Plenty is designed. I like the gentle illustrations between the chapters. I like the questions that make me think. I like the song at the end that further helps me to pause and consider what I am learning from the book. It all works together to help me reflect on how to continue to look to God and get closer to Him in my own story. I know I have reached a place after a few years of hard things where much of In Want and In Plenty truly speaks to my heart. I think it helps that McDaniel is a licensed professional counselor. It does feel like you are being in a gentle counseling session with each chapter--and it might be a good book to use with your own personal counselor. I also felt I needed to take this book at a slow pace, breaking it down in to chapters to read. It wasn't a book to just read straight through.

I received this book from the publisher. All opinions in this review are my own.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman