The Land Beneath Us by Sarah Sundin


The Land Beneath Us by Sarah Sundin is not only a good story but it is a book that I found spiritually stimulating. Sundin surprised me with this plot initially. Clay was looking for something to live for and Leah was looking for a place to belong. I wasn't expecting some of the challenges that these characters faced early in this book--although I did expect the happy ending and I was glad for it. This cover grabbed me right away. I purchased the first two books in this series (The Sea Before Us and The Sky Above Us) and I honestly intended to read them first, but I must admit I did not. However, while I may have recognized some of the characters from previous books in this one if I had read them first, I was still drawn in by this plot and read The Land Beneath Us within a couple of days.  There was a couple of places Sundin made me giggle at things that were said but she also touched me deeply as I shed tears in other places. Of course, I would recommend this book to anyone who has read the series, but I also feel the book stands on its own merit. This book is a real inspiration for those who are struggling with forgiveness. In several places, both Clay and Leah made me think about what forgiveness really means. Sundin's characters also inspired me to think further about how we judge people based on what we see and not what we know. For me, this book challenged both my heart and my soul and yet it wasn't preachy. This spiritual elements felt like a natural part of the story.

I received this book courtesy of Baker Publishing Group, Revell Division, through Interviews and Reviews. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman