Kings Falling by Ronie Kendig


Kings Falling by Ronie Kendig is the second book in the Book of the Wars series following Storm Rising. This series is full of action, mystery and some romance. If you are looking for books that have it all--this series is it.

Leif Metcalfe along with the rest of the Reaper team continue their hunt to find the Book of the Wars. At the same time, they are trying to stop the other warriors from around the world that also want to find the book for evil means. The team works together throughout Kings Falling searching for the Book amidst foes who are bent on tearing them up--and tearing them apart.

When I first started Kings Falling, I had to catch up to speed and remember what happened when I left off from Storm Rising. Kendig helps the reader catch up quickly with some refreshment on those first few chapters of this book. Even so, I do recommend that you read Storm Rising first, if you haven't already. I could feel the tension between Iskra and Leif throughout this book form the beginning. I could see how Leif is battling his internal demons and I really felt for him in his frustration. I liked some of the other relationships that were forming through the book. I also liked the fast-paced storyline but at the same time I left a bit frustrated. I am sure Kendig left me that way to whet my appetite for book 3 and it worked. I can't begin to tell you how much I want to read Soul Raging! Unfortunately, readers wanting Soul Raging will have to wait until November to read the conclusion--but I will tell you, I can see how they got that title. 😭 Kendig writes in such a way that this book just feels so believable within the realm it is in. I almost feel like I am caught up in a spy film and I can't turn the pages fast enough. And sometimes the tension is too much and I have to put the book down. If you haven't started this series, I highly recommend it.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher and the author. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe