The Traitor's Pawn by Lisa Harris


Traitor's Pawn is my first book by Lisa Harris.The lead characters in this book are Detective Aubrey Grayson and FBI Agent Jack Shannon. When Aubrey is kidnapped at the start of the book, Jack is on the case to find her and he does. Then they work to solve the mystery of her kidnapping and two overlapping cases.


The Traitor's Pawn was difficult for me to read at first. I struggled to really like the characters until the middle of the book. Jack and Aubrey had a relationship earlier in their lives and are coming back together after several years of not communicating. At that point I did pull for them to get together, although the romance in this book is secondary to the crime plot. Communication was an issue throughout the book in their relationship. I think that is actually a problem in many people's relationships so that part does seem realistic. I guess one thing that bothered me throughout the book was that Audrey was so close to the people they were investigating. I wasn't sure it was realistic that she would be allowed to work that way on the case with her personal connections to it. At the same time, Jack and Audrey had a lot of adventures with the bad guys and worked well together to solve the case. The best part of The Traitor's Pawn for me was the spiritual thread of forgiveness which I did think was both inspirational and could be helpful to other readers. Also, this gorgeous cover did help to draw me in to wanting to read it.

I received this book courtesy of Baker Publishing Group, Revell Division, through Interviews & Reviews. All opinions in this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe