Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner


Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner is one of the top books that I have been looking forward to this year--and it did not disappoint me. I am a foodie who loves a good rom-com so I was anxious for this one with that special mix.


I imagine many readers didn't like Max Cavanagh to begin with in Hadley Beckett's Next Dish. However, Hadley Beckett was easily likable. Then the mixture got stirred and folded and we ended up with characters that I both liked in the end. Max was not only a better human being than I thought at first, he was proof that we can all learn and grow. Hadley was a little more relatable than at first glance, which just made her more likeable in my eyes. She was proof that forgiveness and mercy are doable. As a whole, I liked that these characters were like real people with real problems who got caught up in the business of television cooking shows. I am a foodie and I love good cooking shows. I enjoyed the subtle humor sprinkled throughout the book and I did laugh out loud a bit. I also liked the plot. The faith element is more subtle in this book but it is a clean read. Another element I especially liked was the chapter headings. They were definitely the whipped cream on top of this dessert-of-a-read. To tell you the truth, I got a little frustrated at all of the interruptions I had while reading this book as I wanted to read it faster. However, I was also forced to slow down and savor Hadley Beckett's Next Dish all the way through too.

I received a copy of this book from the author and the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe