A Path to Redeeming Love: A 40-Day Devotional by Francine Rivers wiht Karin Stock Buursma

 


I read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers not long after it was released years ago. Like most of her books, it reached my heart and soul. I was excited to get a copy of A Path to Redeeming Love based on the book, written  by Rivers along with Karin Stock Buursma.

 A Path to Redeeming Love is a 40-Day devotional. Each day features an excerpt from the book along with a newly written reading based on that portion of the book and Scripture. In the introduction, Rivers said that they made sure each reading was grounded in Scripture. I also liked that she shared a bit of how this story came to be in the introduction. Each day's reading concludes with something to think about or do to help the message stick in the reader's heart. 

I like A Path to Redeeming Love. I want to re-read the original book again, then go through the devotional again, and I think it will all mean even more to me. Still, I remembered the story in bits and pieces through the devotional. I liked how they relate Scripture to life to today. I felt like everything was relevant and it was written in such a way that it was easy to relate to and understand. I am sure it would be an encouraging devotional for those who have read the book. It further drives home the basic themes of God rescuing those of us who have been rejected and redeeming and restoring all of us who were lost and broken. To me, it is clear that much prayer and reflection went in to this project and it shows in the quality of the readings.

I received an advanced digital copy and then purchased a physical copy of this book. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman