Better Decisions, Fewer Regrets by Andy Stanley

 

My husband and I have been watching Andy Stanley on Sundays, along with our own church, for the past several years. When we saw Better Decisions, Fewer Regrets was releasing, we knew we would want a copy. 

Better Decisions, Fewer Regrets covers five basic questions to ask yourself to help you determine the best decision that you can make in a situation. Pastor Stanley encourages readers to remember that all of our decisions, big or small, affect someone else. How will our decisions affect those around us or other family members? He encourages us to ask questions from 5 different angles that will help us make the best decisions so our stories are stories we are proud to tell others. He shares some personal stories from his life. He also shares stories from famous Bible people that help us to see how God helped them to make the best decisions. 

Better Decisions, Fewer Regrets is a small but powerful book. Andy Stanley writes in such a way that I can relate well to what he is saying. In the back of the book there is an appendix with the five questions in it so readers can refer back to them as they practice making better decisions. After awhile, I think it will become second nature, but I could be wrong. I already knew one of the questions from a sermon that Andy shared. My husband and I have discussed that one many times as we made decisions. This is one of the books that I really wish that I had had when I was a teenager. I didn't have people around me that guided me in to making good decisions and I wish that I had learned this skill much earlier. At the same time, at the end of the book, Pastor Stanley reminds readers that regrets may be part of your story--but they are only part of your story. He says, they may remind you but they don't define you.You are never to old to start making better decisions for your future. I encourage you to get a copy of Better Decisions, Fewer Regrets and to learn how to do just that.

I received an early electronic copy of this book for review. However, I also pre-ordered 5 copies to hand out as gifts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman