Quiet Times with God Devotional by Joyce Meyer

 

As Joyce Meyer says in the introduction of Quiet Times with God Devotional, the world is increasingly loud. If you find time during the day to slow down and spend time with God, Meyer says your life will be much better for it. 

Quiet Times with God Devotional is a smallish, thick book with a devotional for every day of the year in it. Each reading starts with a Bible verse, has a short devotional written by Meyer, shares the main thought for the day, and concludes with where in God's Word to Dig Deeper to learn more about the theme of the day's reading.

Each of the readings in Quiet Times with God Devotional is so relevant to today's world. Some of the titles include: Choosing Peace, One Day at a Time, The Difference Between Faith and Trust and God's Power at Work. I like that she helps make the Bible so relevant for today. I also like the short readings and thoughts to reflect on. I also like that she directs the reader to where to learn more in the Bible. I could easily spend a few minutes each day with this devotional, my Bible and my journal and would grow a little daily in my faith by spending "quiet time" with God as she encourages us to do. Her readings are always practical, personally helpful and down-to-earth. I also like the verse at the start of the book, "For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation. (Psalm 62:1, Amplified Bible).

I received a copy of this book at no charge from FaithWords. All opinions within this review are my own. #sponsoredbyfaithwords

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman