The Key to Love by Betsy St. Amant

 


I confess that I was drawn to The Key to Love by Betsy St. Amant by the gorgeous cover. It is one of the prettiest covers that I have seen this year.

Bri Duval lives in a small town in Kansas and works in a bakery--just like her mother did. A video involving the bakery goes viral leading travel writer Gerard Fortier to the bakery to write a feature story. Bri and Gerard don't hit it off initially. The bakery also became involved in a series of events that threatened its existence.  How will Bri handle some new changes in her life and the new man in town?

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about The Key to Love. I didn't really like the characters all that much to begin with. . .but as the book went on, Bri and Gerard grew on me. I did enjoy all of the bakery talk about the goodies that they made. At the same time, I wasn't sure what to think about another character who rushed in to marriage. I also am not a big fan of sarcasm that is unkind. That may be your thing though, and if that is the case, this is the book for you. I was hoping more for a lighter, fun rom-com-style read. The Key to Love also tackled a few tougher issues, like depression and infidelity, and was more serious than I expected. The Key to Love was just okay for me--mainly because it wasn't as light and fun as I was hoping for.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman