The NIV Study Bible Fully Revised Edition from Zondervan

 


Several years ago, I worked at a Christian bookstore and the NIV Study Bible was one of our top sellers. I didn't own one but I sure did want one. Now I am so excited to have this new fully revised edition of the NIV Study Bible from Zondervan through Bible Gateway.

The NIV Study Bible is a heavy Bible, which is the only drawback that I can see. For me, I probably wouldn't carry it to church--it does weigh 5 pounds. However, I definitely appreciate having this rich resource for doing Bible study at home. In that case, it doesn't matter to me that it is fairly heavy.

To start using the Bible, there is a Quick Start Guide in the front which explains what a Study Bible is and explains some of the features. There is an extensive table of contents which contains not only the books of the Bible but also lists what page the articles, maps, models and such are on. Then a preface and introduction to the study Bible give a little more information on using the Bible followed by a complete list of the contributors.

It is packed full of information that brings the Bible to life for me. The bottom of each page is packed with study notes. There are even icons to make the information that you are looking for easier to spot. The text is red letter and 9-point dark type. It is easy for me to read both the verses and the notes. There are 66 book introductions and outlines along with a lot of cultural background information on the Bible and Bible times. I especially like the full color pictures that help me to see just what the Bible places look like. The maps also help me to understand what the region and cities look like. 

In the back of the Bible there is a section of study helps: a table of weights and measures, index to Notes, a Concordance, and an index to Maps at End of Study Bible.

I know I will use this NIV Study Bible for a long time to come. I love how comprehensive and helpful it is as far as understanding the Bible, the Bible times and the Bible places and culture. It truly seems to have it all and I know it will be a helpful Bible for any study that I am working on.

received this Bible at no cost as a member of the Bible Gateway Blogger Grid.
#BibleGatewayPartner

Click here to purchasehttps://store.faithgateway.com/collections/niv-study-bible-fully-revised

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman