Burden of Proof by Davis Bunn

 

Do you have any regrets in life and wish you could go back in time and change something? I would imagine most of us have a few. Burden of Proof by Davis Bunn is a story of second chances that make a difference.

Ethan's brother Adrian was murdered on the courthouse steps when he was twenty. They never caught the killer and they never quite solved the case. Ethan has been struggling and disconnected from life ever since. Then Adrian's widow, Sonya, appears and asks for help in uncovering what really happened that day. Ethan takes the chance to help her--and to give meaning to his life.

I enjoyed Burden of Proof more than I can put in to words. I thought this was just another "typical" suspense novel and I would be searching for who-done-it like every other suspense novel. Boy, was I wrong. Instead, I was amazed as I saw Ethan go back using the wisdom he gained from his life to make a real difference not only in solving the case but in making life better for those he truly loved but didn't cherish properly when he had the chance. I appreciated the message of this book along with the plot and the characters, all of which I came to love. This one touched me on several levels and I will be thinking about it for days to come. I haven't read a Davis Bunn book for quite awhile and I am so glad I took a chance on this one. I encourage you to give Burden of Proof a shot too.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe