The Anne of Green Gables Devotional by Rachel Dodge

 

Are you an "Anne Fan?" I've loved Anne of Green Gables for many years so when I saw this new Anne of Green Gables Devotional from Rachel Dodge, I could not wait to get a copy.

The subtitle of The Anne of Green Gables Devotional is "A Chapter-by-Chapter Companion for Kindred Spirits." This book is full of all my favorite Anne of Green Gables scenes, trivia and gorgeous illustrations.  The book is relatively small, measuring approximately 5 by 7 inches in size. . .the perfect size to stick in your purse or book bag if you'd like to carry it along. There are 40 days worth of readings. Each reading starts with a Bible verse, goes on to the devotional message that includes scenes from the books, then a section that is written to help you apply the verses and readings personally and each day concludes with a prayer and another Bible verse. At the back of the book there is an author's note, an Anne glossary, and discussion questions. This beautiful Anne of Green Gables Devotional would be a great gift for any Anne lover and there is a presentation page at the front of the book for just such an occasion.

I can't say enough good things about The Anne of Green Gables Devotional l as an Anne fan. I like the Bible verses connected to the readings. I enjoyed how the author helped me reflect on what I read and also apply it to my life today. I adore the beautiful illustrations on the cover throughout the book from Jana Christy. I like how the book could be used for my own study and reflection while also being a great book to use with a group of kindred spirit ladies or young people. I would encourage every Anne fan to get a copy!

I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishers. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe