Home Made Lovely by Shannon Acheson

 

Are you a newlywed struggling with decorating your home? Or maybe you need to de-clutter and re-arrange after years in the same house? Home Made Lovely by Shannon Acheson offers a lot of practical advice and tips on styling and organizing your home, no matter what stage you are in.

Home Made Lovely is divided in to four parts: 

Part 1: Who are you doing it all for? 

This part is all about being grateful for both the house and the people that God has given you. She also shares how she makes her house a home spiritually in this section.

Part 2: Getting Ready

Decluttering, Organizing, Trends, and Budget decorating ideas are all a big part of this section.

Part 3: The Three-Step Decorating Process

This is the part of the book where you figure out your decorating style and create a plan for your house based on both your tastes and the style of house that you have.

Part 4: Welcome Home

Acheson shares how she believes we should use our houses for hospitality with others. She also has some recipes in this section.

I really enjoyed reading through Home Made Lovely. I don't follow any decorating blogs regularly so for me this was a refreshing read. My husband and I have been married 20 years and have been in this house for 5 years. We have been remodeling slowly to make it over in the way that works for us. I already knew some of what Acheson shares but it was a good refresher. I think it would make a great shower gift for a bride-to-be or a great Christmas gift for newlyweds so they have this information early on. I also plan to try some of the recipes in the last section of the book. I was so glad to see that she understands food intolerance and her recipes can be used by anyone. Since my son has to eat gluten free and dairy free, that was great to see. There are also a lot of pictures throughout the book as well as some work sheet pages to write down your own personal information as you figure out your own decorating spaces. All in all, I just think this is a lovely book with a lot of useful information, especially for people just starting out in their own home.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe