Win The Day by Mark Batterson

 


Win the Day is a book that is both uplifting and encouraging. Mark Batterson always leaves me feeling like with God I REALLY can do more than I ever imagined. He shares personal stories and stories from Scripture that remind me that God does care and that God can do big things when we put our faith and trust in Him. At the same time, we have to put one foot forward every day to start the process for change. One of the questions that he encourage the reader to ask themselves is Can you do it for a day? With this question and making changes a day at a time, people can often reach goals that they thought were impossible.

This is are the basic habits that the book is divided in to:

1. Flip the Script: If you want to change your life, start by changing your story.
2. Kiss the Wave: The obstacle is not the enemy; the obstacle is the way.
3. Eat the Frog: If you want God to do the super, you’ve got to do the natural.
4. Fly the Kite: How you do anything is how you’ll do everything.
5. Cut the Rope: Playing it safe is risky.
6. Wind the Clock: Time is measured in minutes; life is measured in moments.
7. Seed the Clouds: Sow today what you want to see tomorrow.

I finished this book and felt that if I applied Batterson's wisdom to my life, that I could make some positive changes that I have been feeling like I couldn't do. It also helps that Batterson shares stories of how God has answered some big prayers for him. Along with putting baby steps in to practice towards goals, I am reminded to continue to pray and trust God. I would encourage anyone to read Win the Day who wants to make positive changes in their life.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe