Never Miss by Melissa Koslin

 

Former CIA Sniper Kadance Tolle happens to be in the right place at the right time to save Lyndon Vaile's life. At the same time she comes from a family of assassins and is on the run from them. After saving Lyndon's life, she risks being found by them. She wants to help Lyndon in spite of the costs and the two take off on a hunt to find out who is after him and what they plan to do with research they stole from him.

Never Miss by Melissa Koslin is her romantic suspense debut novel. I found this to be an interesting book and I thought it was a good debut novel. At the same time, the plot in this novel partly revolves around a virus that could be unleashed on the world.  This is about my third novel on a virus of some sort being unleashed in the world and I think I am ready for a break from that topic. I don't fault the author for that. At the same time, there were a few places in the book that felt a little slow to me. There was a lot of talking and mental stuff going on more than running type of action. I also thought the ending felt a bit rushed.  Kadance and Lyndon were interesting characters but I struggled to really connect with them at times. I liked Mac, the cat that Kadance found. I liked that the spiritual parts of the book were well woven in. I thought Koslin did a great job with her descriptions as I could easily visualize the people and the places as well as the plot of this novel as I was reading it. I think Revell did a great job with the Never Miss cover to reflect the characters and the book too. There are a few pages in the back of the book that give a glimpse in to Koslin's next novel, which I would certainly give a try as I think this author has great potential.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman