The Paris Betrayal by James R. Hannibal

 The Paris Betrayal  -     By: James R. Hannibal

Ben Calix comes home from his last mission to find things totally aren't what he expected. He wanted to relax instead he is attacked by a sniper, then an ambush and he soon finds out that he is out of The Company. He has been unfairly labeled a traitor. But why? And how can he stop the bioweapon that he fears will be unleashed if he is cut off?

The Paris Betrayal started out with a bang and as a reader I hit the ground running, so to speak. It took me a few pages to figure out what was going on and then I was quickly swept up int he action as I rootied for Ben to overcome his many obstacles. This is definitely a fast-paced novel that kept me turning pages quickly. I really liked Ben and wanted him to beat the odds. I also liked his friend, Clara, that helped him out of trouble to start with. There were some twists and turns that I didn't see coming and I wasn't sure how it was going to end until I got there. 

I also thought it was interesting that Hannibal included the pandemic and it is set in our world today, at this time in history. I enjoyed reading his afterword where he talks briefly about the writing process of this book for him. There wasn't a lot of spiritual substance for those who like more of that but otherwise The Paris Betrayal was a great, clean suspense novel that kept my interest all the way through. I like that eye catching cover too.

I received this book courtesy of Baker Publishing Group, Revell Division, through Interviews & Reviews. All opinions in this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman