A Christmas in the Alps by Melody Carlson

 


Simone Winthrop was busy cleaning out her grandmother's house with the help of her best friend, Andrea. Together they discovered a lost letter to Simone from her French Great Grandmother that suggests that Simone is heir to a "treasure." Despite Simone's fear of flying, Andrea manages to encourage her to fly to France and discovering whether there is any truth to the letter. 

A Christmas in the Alps was an enjoyable read for me. I liked that this short novella held both a mystery and romance. I enjoyed each of the characters too. Simone seems real but fun and likeable. Kyle also seems like a great guy. There was humor at times and I enjoyed their chemistry. I also thought it was fun to have the book set in France at Christmas time. A Christmas in the Alps was just a sweet read with a mystery that took a bit to unravel in the short book. There isn't a lot of spiritual content to this book but it is a good clean read with a happy ending. I thoroughly enjoyed A Christmas in the Alps and had a hard time putting it down until the mystery had been unraveled and the happy ending was reached. One reason I like a Christmas novella is for the "feel good" factor and I thought this one had it in spades

I received this book courtesy of Baker Publishing Group, Revell Division, through Interviews & Reviews. All opinions in this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe