Crossed Lines by Jennifer Delamere

 

 

I really enjoyed Line by Line, the first book in the Love Along the Wires series, by Jennifer Delamere. Crossed Lines is the story of Emma Sutton, who works at the telegraph office, and is longing for a husband and a family of her own. She becomes friends with Mitchell one day as they both arrive at work. Then another day, she sees Mitchell's friend, Christopher, at work and admires how handsome he is. Christopher also is attracted to her and he talks to Mitchell about helping him get a date, in spite of the fact that Christopher is quite shy. Mitchell is also enamored with Emma but sets his feelings aside to help his good friend. However, things don't always go as planned.

I thought Crossed Lines started out a little slow but I definitely enjoyed the second half of the book. I had to wonder how this love triangle was going to work out. I liked both Christopher and Mitchell for different reasons. I also liked Emma and her friend Rose. I especially enjoyed Emma's passion for gardening, which I found interesting since I also enjoy gardening. I also liked that there was a spiritual aspect that was woven in and seemed true to life of the characters. It didn't feel forced and pushy like some books. I also liked the ending and how everything was resolved, which is all I want to say so I don't share any spoilers. I thought all of the characters were well done. I didn't enjoy Crossed Lines quite as well as the first book, but it was still an enjoyable read. I just thought it was a little slower paced. I am looking forward to reading Rose's story next.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher and the author. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe