No Cure for Being Human by Kate Bowler

 


I devoured Kate Bowler's first book in a very short time. So when I read No Cure for Being Human, I made myself slow down and savor this one. Bowler has a way of making me think and reflect on both her life and my life. She also can make me cry and she can make me laugh. Sometimes almost at the same time.

No Cure for Being Human is more of her true story about her life as she has faced a cancer diagnosis as a young mom, married wife, friend and family member. She shares things realistically. I almost feel like I am standing with her in the doctor's office or wanting to hold her hand as she waits for the oncologist's report. Having been with a few doctors myself this summer, reading her work, has caused me to nod my head as I think about my own doctor visits. I also could relate to her thoughts on how to deal with life after such a diagnosis. Should she make a bucket list? How should she live her best life after her own body tried to kill her (as she says)?

I would recommend No Cure for Being Human to anyone and everyone. But to someone who has to deal with a difficult diagnosis, I think it could be especially helpful. I enjoyed reading her story and her realistic, but refreshing outlook on life.

I received a copy of this book from the author and the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe